The QNPHC brings together stakeholders who share an interest or work in personalized health care, including academic researchers, clinicians, private companies (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, health technologies, insurers, etc.), public organizations, patient groups and opinion leaders.
OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE.
We envision that by 2020, Quebec will be recognized as a leader in the development and implementation of Personalized Health Care Solutions with significant benefits for the: health of citizens; the efficiency of the healthcare system; the creation of economic wealth; and, research excellence.
ORIGINS OF THE QNPHC
The impetus behind the creation of the Quebec Network for Personalized Health Care came from the Quebec personalized health care strategy developped in 2010 as part of a mobilizing initiative led by Montréal InVivo. At the time, in collaboration with the Fonds de recherche du Québec-Santé, over 140 Quebec stakeholders in the field were consulted, and all recognized the major opportunity of personalized health care for Quebec.
Shortly after its inception, the QNPHC drafted a Business Plan aiming to establish Quebec as a global leader in personalized health care. In February 2013, this Plan translated into a public-private investment of over $21 million into the Personalized Medicine Partnership for Cancer. Moreover, major investments of $90 million will be made through the exceptional performance of Quebec researchers in the competition Genomics and Personalized Health, launched in 2012 by Genome Canada and CIHR.
A FOCAL POINT FOR CONCERTED ACTION AND PROMOTION
Partner and Collaborate
- Support a forum for PHC stakeholders in Quebec
- Foster dialogue and share information
- Act as a catalyst for promising PHC projects in Quebec
Experiment, Assess and Expand
- Ensure strategic intelligence around PHC
- Generate knowledge, competencies and know-how in PHC
- Contribute to policies, legal, regulatory and socio-ethical frameworks of PHC
- Increase awareness of PHC in Quebec
- Showcase Quebec PHC assets internationally
- Attract new PHC partners to Quebec